Wabash City Schools understands the importance of early childhood education, and our goal is to ensure that all students have preschool experience before entering kindergarten. Through our programming, we have seen a decrease in the number of students entering our kindergarten program with no preschool experience drop from 38% in 2013 to only 17% in 2017. We hope that by expanding our programming we can see that percentage drop even further.
There are two preschool options that Wabash City Schools will offer to families during the 2019-2020 school year. Please read the information and then complete an application (available at O.J. Neighbours & L.H. Carpenter Early Learning Center) for the program that you are interested in for your child. If you have questions, you can stop in or call the O.J. Neighbours office at 260.563.2345.
- Preschool Requirements:
- Students must be 4 years old by August 1st
- Parents must provide the following documentation upon enrollment for their child to participate; there are no exceptions:
- Birth Certificate & Immunization shot record
- Proof of complete immunizations must be on document from the doctor or the health department.
- Due Dates and Selection Procedure
- Applications open on January 21st and will be accepted through April 26th.
- Families will be notified of enrollment by June 1st.
- Applications are available at L.H. Carpenter Early Learning Center and/or the O.J. Neighbours' office. Application can also be downloaded below for printing.